The Retirement (k)oncierge Group, LLC (RKG) is a Cleveland based firm and is built upon 120+ years of collective experience in the retirement plan industry. Our collective experiences working for recordkeepers and retirement plan consultancy firms has allowed RKG to create a first rate experience that focuses on exceptional service and proactive solutions. We are a 100% employee owned company, and putting our clients’ interests first is our top priority. More specifically, RKG is built upon the following guiding principles:
• Customer Centricity – Our mission is to provide exceptional retirement plan administration service at a reasonable fee. We believe partnering with our clients and their retirement adviser professionals is key to achieving superior results.
• Proactive Solutions – We know that having a retirement plan is a key benefit to attracting and retaining quality employees, as well as a way for them and your leadership team to successfully prepare for the future. We have found that too many plan sponsors have not fully maximized their plan and are unaware of options and solutions that are readily available. This is why we provide a yearly review that celebrates plan successes and provides ideas about how to further enhance the plan in areas such as plan design, operations, and employee education.
• Fair Value – At RKG, we strive to provide exceptional service at a fair fee. We will continue to automate solutions to minimize human error, reduce administrative burdens and keep costs reasonable. Each plan will have a dedicated Retirement (k)oncierge. The Retirement (k)oncierge will serve as the point person and is happy to communicate via email, telephone or virtually. In addition, we strive to keep our fees competitive today as well as into the future. We will periodically benchmark our costs to ensure we keep pace with the marketplace.
Jennifer Tanaka, J.D., QPA, QKA, CPFA, MBA
ERISA Consultant & Director of Compliance Services
• Earned credentials from the American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA)
• Qualified Pension Administrator • Qualified 401(k) Administrator
• Earned a Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor (CPFA) designation through the National Association of Plan Advisors
• Five years working in various facets of legal and financial compliance specifically in consumer financial protection laws and in ERISA
• Four years of experience preparing estate planning documents
• Licensed attorney & notary in the state of Ohio
Aubrey M. Christ, QKA, QPFC
• 30 years of industry experience
• 18 years at Voya Financial overseeing $3.5 billion in retirement plan AUM
• Three years at National Associates, Inc. leading a 75-year-old TPA with 300 retirement plans with nearly $1 billion in AUM
• Four years at Gallagher Benefit Services serving as a regional leader of retirement plan consulting services and overseeing $8.4 million of revenue for 500+ retirement plans
• Credentialed ASPPA member
• Women in Pension Network Committee Member
Meet the Team
With over 80 years of combined experience, our seasoned and caring team works hard to make sure clients' retirement plans run smoothly.
Services and solutions
Plan Design & Documents
One size does not fit all when it comes to the design of a retirement plan. Your Retirement (k)oncierge will offer you a variety of options for your plan design, whether you are starting a new plan or updating your existing one. Your plan will be designed on an individual basis with your company’s objectives in mind. Drafting your plan document does not set your plan provisions permanently. Your Retirement (k)oncierge will keep you apprised of new provisions and proactively look for ways to enhance your plan design as your objectives evolve and new options become available.
At RKG, we perform a full range of ongoing plan administration services including plan document consulting, compliance testing, monitoring of contribution limits, illustrations for employer contributions, government reporting and distribution and loan support. Your Retirement (k)oncierge is highly trained, knowledgeable and stays abreast of all laws and regulations by staying current with continuing education requirements and seeking out information and trends that can be leveraged by our clients and adviser communities.
If your plan is subject to audit, we are happy to partner with you and/or work directly with your auditor to provide documentation they need and assist with responding to their inquiries. In addition, if your plan is ever selected for an audit by the IRS or DOL, we can assist you to minimize time spent and alleviate any related stress. We have the expertise and experience to guide you through these processes to ensure they run as smooth as possible.
Mistakes sometimes happen in retirement plans. If a plan sponsor makes a mistake with administration, RKG can assist with analyzing the mistake, determining the proper fix and help find ways to avoid it from happening again.
At RKG, we know a key factor to a plan’s success is attributed to the plan participants’ understanding and engagement. We welcome the opportunity to work with you and any of your retirement plan advisers/consultants to explain the benefits to your employees and help them understand how to best engage with the plan to maximize their retirement readiness. We are able to conduct educational seminars and have the ability to create customized recordings that your employees can watch at their convenience.